Sunday, February 13, 2011
Daniel is growing so big, as well as Michael!
Daniel goes in for his 4 month check up next weekend - time feels like it is flying by which I want to bottle every moment up and keep it forever.
Nothing really exciting has been going on here, except working, and keeping the kids fed. I DO wish that there were more hours in a day, because by the time I get home from work and getting the kids dinner I have no time for anything else. I feel my house is a wreck and I am never going to be able to catch up to the clean it needs to be.
All is good though :)
I just wanted to check in with my blogger nation and let yall know we are well :) we love you very much!
Sunday, January 9, 2011
I have not been on and blogged in a minute, Sorry about that...I have sorta had my hands full...we have a new family member to annouce, Daniel Jacob! He was born October 4th. He was 2 months premature, with low white blood cell counts, he is fine now and growing fast!
I will need to update my blog name from Casey & Michael in Texas to Casey, Michael & Daniel in Texas...Or I was thinking 2 Virginians and a Texan :) hahaha Since Daniel was born in Texas and Michael and I are born in VA...I am still brain storming ideas on the blog name change.
I am back to work, and whew what an adventure, I am up 3 times at night so when I have to get up and get going I am draggin!
I have to get me up, Daniel is already up at this point begging for formula and then I have to fuss with Michael to get him out of bed and ready for school. So our mornings are very eventful as you can imagine.
But I wouldnt trade it for anything in the world. Daniel will be over this hungry all the time hump and maybe momma can get some sleep at night.
I love my boys!
Monday, November 22, 2010
Mama’s Holiday Wish List Meme
1. What is your holiday wish for your family? My wish for my family is happiness and love, we are missing a lot of loved ones this year and we need to remember the good times and be thankful for the people we were blessed to have known and the ones we know.
2. What is your Christmas morning tradition? Usually wake up and wait til the kids wake up and once we hear the gasp and then the little patters of feet running to my room to yell that Santa has come it is blissful! We just relax and do church.
3. If you could ask Santa for one, completely decadent wish for yourself, what would it be?I would wish for my family to be complete and happy. (can Santa do that? I think more God who can then Santa)
4. How do you make the holidays special without spending any money? We decorate (with things we already have), go to church, help the homeless and needy.
5. What games did you play with your family growing up? We played all sorts of games - not partically board games, but i do remember playing games on the Nintendo! Old school style!
6. What holiday tradition have you carried on from your own childhood? Putting the christmas tree up near Thanksgiving and not taking it down til after New Years.
7. Where would you go for a Christmas-away-from-home trip? I would go to a tropical island some where - with palm trees
8. Check out GameStop (link to: http://bit.ly/gamestop10) and tell us, what are the three top items on your GameStop Wish List this year? As my 8 year old tells me everyone is asking for Kinect this season!
Also a DSi (although he already has a DS lite - but hey an upgrade is an upgrade right) and a Red wii!
Also he has been asking for Michael Jackson Experience which comes out November 23rd!
Monday, February 22, 2010
Michael's room is done and I am so pleased with it! It is nice if I do say so myself :) And he loves it so that is a bonus! He has actually been sleeping in HIS bed and hasn't wandered into my room some time in the middle of the night, which is sorta exciting considering he KICKS me when he sleeps with me and let me tell you IT HURTS!
I have not taken pictures of EVERYTHING yet but stay tuned they will come :)
Michael's new bed :) Thanks Ikea! Oh and I put together all by myself!!! And it is still holding strong!
Michael's new bed sheets :) We have another set same but minus the skulls.
Michael's name on the wall, which was really easy to do! A trip to Michael's, some wooden letters, things to nail into the back so they could hang, and black spray paint!
Michael's book shelf! I love this thing! I love the baskets, I got them for a DEAL at Michael's (LOVE THAT PLACE!) and the newest is the shadow box with his football jersey in it!
Mommy also got a new bed too which I love!!!
The room is nearly done I need to take pictures of it - but here is my bed :)
This is my new bed sheets - love them! Love Laura Ashley :)
I added a new frame behind the bed and I put 3 of the pictures from Chera in them! It looks SO good!
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Michael picked out a gray, white and black camo sheet set with skulls, with a black and gray comforter!
Added his name on his wall...took wooden letters, spray painted black and hung on his wall.
He LOVES his room!